Now in its 158th season, the Hallé ranks among the UK’s top symphonic ensembles, with a distinguished history of acclaimed performances in this country and around the world; award-winning recordings, radio broadcasts and educational outreach programmes; and a visionary commitment to building audiences and developing orchestral repertoire.
The Hallé remains determined constantly to seek ways to enhance and refresh what it undertakes. We aspire to provide artistic leadership – through performance standards, artistic understanding and education and training, working with our partners in Manchester and beyond.
Our vision is to:
- Lead not follow
- Set new artistic standards and develop a reputation for them
- Make a distinctive contribution to promoting Manchester as a significant European cultural centre
- Strengthen our roots in the community
- Engage with contemporary culture through embracing new work and vivid presentation
Our mission is to:
- Produce an ambitious and wide-ranging programme of work both on and off the concert platform developing new audiences for the Hallé’s work as well as continuing to appeal to loyal long-term supporters
- Act as a cultural ambassador for Manchester
- Provide a comprehensive education and outreach programme firmly embedded in the Hallé’s core work to reach young people and other groups who may not otherwise have ready access to high quality musical experiences
Our History The Hallé gave its first concert on 30th January 1858 under the baton of its founder Sir Charles Hallé. Until his death in 1895 Sir Charles conducted almost...
Board and Staff
Staff * = Head of Department; ° = 20 years' service medal; PT = Part-time; ML = Maternity Leave; MC = Maternity Cover Patron HRH The Countess of Wessex Vice...
2nd Horn, Sub Principal Closing date for applications: 6 September 2016 Audition dates: 11 and 13 October 2016, Royal Northern College of Music Please return your completed application form (marking...