Principal Second Violin
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16 September 2021, 12 noon
Auditions: Thursday 11 and Thursday 18 November 2021
As Leader of the Second Violins you will take day to day responsibility for leading the section of twelve players, play the leading role in the recruitment of new players and select those who are engaged as extras.
The Orchestra’s contract guarantees a minimum of 430 sessions or calls in a year.
To apply, please review the recruitment pack:
Please review the audition requirements:
Download and complete an application form:
And download and complete an equal opportunities form:
Please return the completed forms:
By email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We ensure all application forms received will be kept electronically and physically safe
- Application forms from unsuccessful candidates will be securely disposed of 6 months after the application deadline
- Application forms from shortlisted candidates will be securely disposed of 6 months after the application process ceases
Work Experience with the Hallé
The Hallé Concerts Society welcomes interest and applications from all sections of the community for its Work Experience Scheme. The Scheme is limited to secondary school pupils aged 15-18.
Please note, work experience places are very limited. Please book well in advance, up to 1 year, to avoid disappointment.
Whilst at the Hallé, work experience will be gained in a number of administrative departments including Education, Concerts and Marketing and, subject to the orchestra’s schedule and location, it may be possible to observe part or all of one of the rehearsals. Work experience placements last for one week.
It is desirable that the person attending the placement has an interest in music, especially classical, although this is not essential.
To apply, please complete an application form, downloadable below,
and post it back to:
FAO Admin Assistant
Hallé Concerts Society
The Bridgewater Hall
Manchester M1 5HA
- We ensure all application forms received will be kept physically safe
- Due to the high demand for work experience, we will keep your application forms on record for no longer than 2 years. Thereafter, your personal information will be securely disposed of