Assistant Orchestra Manager
Full-time permanent post
Closing Date for Applications: 12 noon, 25 July 2019
Interviews: Week Commencing 12 August 2019
Role Commencement: Beginning of November 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible person, who has knowledge of Classical music to degree level or equivalent who is seeking to embark on or who is in the early stages of a career in arts administration. This is a full time post, with some evening and weekend working. Reporting to the Orchestra Manager, the Assistant Orchestra Manager is responsible for booking extra players and deputies with the Hallé, and for the administration of auditions of permanent and extra players. (S)he will also deputise for the Orchestra Manager at concerts, recordings and rehearsal where appropriate.
To apply, please review the job description:
Assistant Orchestra Manager Job Description (PDF)
Download and complete an application form:
Assistant Orchestra Manager Application Form (WORD)
And download and complete an equal opportunities form:
Equal Opportunities Form (WORD)
Please return the completed forms:
FAO Senior PA, Hallé Concerts Society, The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, Manchester M1 5HA
Or by email
The Hallé Concerts Society is committed towards equal opportunities and welcomes applicants of any sex, race or disability who meet the job requirements.
- We ensure all application forms received will be kept electronically and physically safe
- Application forms from unsuccessful candidates will be securely disposed of 6 months after the application deadline
- Application forms from shortlisted candidates will be securely disposed of 6 months after the application process ceases
Work Experience with the Hallé
The Hallé Concerts Society welcomes interest and applications from all sections of the community for its Work Experience Scheme. The Scheme is limited to secondary school pupils aged 15-18.
Please note, work experience places are very limited. Please book well in advance, up to 1 year, to avoid disappointment.
Whilst at the Hallé, work experience will be gained in a number of administrative departments including Education, Concerts and Marketing and, subject to the orchestra’s schedule and location, it may be possible to observe part or all of one of the rehearsals. Work experience placements last for one week.
It is desirable that the person attending the placement has an interest in music, especially classical, although this is not essential.
To apply, please complete an application form, downloadable below,
and post it back to:
FAO Admin Assistant
Hallé Concerts Society
The Bridgewater Hall
Manchester M1 5HA
- We ensure all application forms received will be kept physically safe
- Due to the high demand for work experience, we will keep your application forms on record for no longer than 2 years. Thereafter, your personal information will be securely disposed of