Set Works Concert
THE ORCHESTRA THROUGH THE AGES
Featuring set works for GCSE and A-level
Friday 24 January 2020, 1:45pm – 3:00pm
The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE 19/20 SET WORKS CONCERT
Tickets are £5 each
You can book tickets:
- By emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephoning The Bridgewater Hall Box Office on: 0161 907 9010
- Gabrieli Sonata XIII for brass ensemble
- J.S. Bach Violin Concerto in A minor – I. & III.
- Mozart Eine Kleine Nachtmusik – III. Menuetto: Allegretto
- Haydn Symphony No.101 in D, ‘The Clock’: II. Andante
- Beethoven Egmont: Overture
- Wagner Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries
- Stravinsky The Rite of Spring: Part 1 (excerpt)
- Piazzolla Libertango
- John Williams Star Wars Episode IV ‘A New Hope’: Main Titles/Rebel Blockade Runner
The Hallé’s dedicated set works concert, ‘The Orchestra Through The Ages’, has been created in collaboration with teachers and music educators across the country to provide a unique resource for pupils studying GCSE and A-level music. The concerts take pupils from Year 9 through to sixth form on a guided tour of music from the Baroque era through to film scores from Hollywood blockbusters, and feature a number of orchestral pieces from the AQA, OCR, WJEC and Edexcel syllabi.
Pupils will be given a brief history and live musical analysis of these pieces as well as tracing the evolution of the symphony orchestra, all accompanied by the world-class Hallé. The concert also features soloists from the Royal Northern College of Music and the whole event is captured on live camera feeds which allow the audience to have a close-up view of the orchestra throughout the performance.
‘The Orchestra Through The Ages’ concert is a collaboration with The Bridgewater Hall and the Royal Northern College of Music. The technical expertise is provided by students from UTC@MediaCityUK.
If you would like to find out more about any of our projects and how to get involved, please contact the Education team on email@example.com
Photographs and videos will be taken at this concert and may include occasional shots of the audience broadcast live on a big screen in the auditorium. Some of this material may be used for promotional purposes and the Hallé asks all schools to seek the relevant consent and permissions.