Set Works Concert
THE ORCHESTRA THROUGH THE AGES
Featuring set works for GCSE and A-level Music
The Hallé’s dedicated set works concert, ‘The Orchestra Through The Ages’, has been created in collaboration with teachers and music educators across the country to provide a unique resource for pupils studying GCSE and A-level music.
The concert aims to engage as many students as possible, not just those studying music for public exams. Schools may wish to give pupils from a variety of year groups the opportunity to watch and engage, as well as those who play in various school ensembles.
- The Development of the orchestra from the Renaissance to the present day
- Concert repertoire taken from the GCSE, AS and A’Level music syllabuses of the AQA. OCR, Edexcel and Eduqas/WJEC exam boards
- On screen analysis of some of the key works
- Insights into the role of the conductor and the musical journeys of the two RNCM student soloists
- Enjoy as a complete concert, or in bite-sized ‘chapters’ to enable learning in separate lessons