What we do
Charles Hallé was a visionary. In 1858 he created an orchestra that Manchester immediately took to its heart, making world-class music accessible to everyone. In the 21st century our aim is to continue what our founder started and build on his legacy.
Sir Mark Elder CH CBE is determined to extend the Hallé’s ambitions, to offer performances of the highest possible quality and to take our music to those who would not otherwise be able to come and hear us.
Through the support of individuals, companies and trusts we are able to achieve the following:
- 250,000 concert-goers each year
- 57,000 young people engaged in our pioneering Education programme
- 10,000 school children in attendance at our annual Hallé for Youth Concerts
- 21,000 participants in the ‘Come and Play with the Hallé’ project
- 1,500 young people taking part in our flagship ‘Adopt-a-Player’ and ‘Meet-a-Musician’ schemes
- 250 young musicians receiving weekly, top class music tuition through our youth ensembles
- 160 years of making music in Manchester
- 65+ Annual education projects
- 4 Associated Choirs and Youth Orchestras
- 1 World-class Orchestra
Your support, as an individual, company, trust or foundation, benefits every part of the Hallé family and makes possible what we do:
- The Hallé’s gifted orchestral players and the conductors and soloists who work with them. They create the excellence and quality associated with the Hallé’s concerts and performances
- The members of our Youth Orchestra, Youth Choir, Youth Training Choir and Children’s Choir. They are the next generation of Hallé musicians and represent some of the most talented young players from across the region
- The children who sing, play and listen to the Hallé at its concerts for schools. They have an opportunity that they will never forget to experience first-hand the power of the orchestra
- The participants in Hallé Education projects from prisons, Young Offender Institutions, schools, care homes and community groups. They benefit from music’s power to help, heal, bring people together and cross boundaries
- The Hallé’s audiences in Manchester, across the UK and worldwide. They experience the Hallé live on stage and share in the exhilaration of live performance
- The quarter of a million people each year who see the Hallé live in concert and the global audience who listen to our award-winning recordings. They share in the Hallé’s music, wherever they are in the world
- You. Our supporters. Whether you give as a company, a trust or an individual and whether you give a £1 or £10,000, you will know that you help make this happen. The Hallé will welcome you as part of its family
There are many ways to support the Hallé. To find out more, explore the links below or speak to a member of the development team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 237 7023.
Hallé St Peter’s Campaign
Home ► Support Us ► The Oglesby Centre – Capital Campaign We are delighted that along with the support from the Oglesby Charitable Trust, the Hallé St Peter’s Campaign has...
Home ► Support Us ► What first inspired your love of music? For many of us it starts with hearing a live performance for the first time. The Hallé’s community...
Home ► Support Us ► The support from the business community is vital in continuing the work of the Hallé both on and off the stage. The Hallé works with...
Opportunities For Businesses
Home ► Support Us ► As well as corporate sponsorships, we run a number of other events and programmes which provide opportunities for businesses to engage with the Hallé. These...
Trusts and Foundations
Home ► Support Us ► Charitable trusts and foundations have a long history of supporting the Hallé, both on the concert platform and through our community education and outreach programme....
Home ► Support Us ► Team Hallé is back for 2019 and is stronger than ever! Since we first took part in the Great Manchester Run we have raised over...