Tuesday 28th February 2017 - Friday 3rd March 2017
The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
MADE IN THE BRITISH ISLES *
Handel - Music for the Royal Fireworks: La Rejouissance
Britten - The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra
Steve Pickett - From a Railway Carriage
Karl Jenkins - Palladio: Allegretto
Arnold, M - Tam O'Shanter Overture
Arr. Grainger - Irish Tune from County Derry
Monty Norman / John Barry arr. Robin McEwan - James Bond Theme
Tom Redmond, Presenter
Special features of this year’s Hallé for Youth concerts include:
- An opportunity to explore orchestral music related to the British Isles
- An introduction to instruments of the orchestra as demonstrated by the Hallé
- An opportunity to hear Britten’s Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra with a brand new and updated script by presenter, Tom Redmond
- An opportunity to join in with From a Railway Carriage, written especially for these concerts by Steve Pickett, the Hallé’s Education Director
- A copy of the song may be downloaded from the Hallé’s website once you have booked and paid for your tickets
Hallé for Youth will also feature one of four local schools involved in this year’s creative music project run in association with the Museum of Science and Industry and the Northern Ballet School. Please note: these concerts will be filmed and screened live so that everyone attending can see clearly what is presented on stage. This footage may include occasional shots of the audience. This year the Hallé is involved in a brand new partnership with the students and tutors of the Foundation Degree Media Production course from the Media and Performing Arts Department of The Sheffield College. The Hallé and The Sheffield College reserve the right to use some of the material for promotional purposes and ask all schools to seek the relevant consent and permissions.
* Artists and programmes correct at time of going to print but we reserve the right to change them if necessary.
All tickets are £3.50 each (including accompanying adults).
All bookings must be made in writing. Please download and complete the form below:
And return it:
FAO: Claire Hanson (Box Office Group Bookings)
The Bridgewater Hall
0161 907 9001
Any further queries, please call Claire on 0161 907 9010.
Please note that all tickets must be paid for within 2 weeks of your reservation otherwise they will be released for sale to another school.